Allens is a leading international law firm with partners, lawyers and corporate services staff across Australia and Asia.
Through the firm's alliance with Linklaters, we have a global network spanning 40 offices and 29 countries. Our alliance enables us to offer integrated services and consistent quality advice to our clients with a unified team drawn from the best resources of each firm.
Working with many of the world's leading organisations, our lawyers combine technical excellence with commercial insight, taking the most complex questions and providing the clearest answers.
Following a successful year for our Real Estate team nationally, we are now seeking to employ both a talented Associate and a Senior Associate to join our growing Melbourne team.
Our highly regarded Real Estate practice group is a full-service, corporate real estate team with broad experience in all aspects of property-related law. Our reputation is based on large projects, and our innovative approach to complex structuring of real estate transactions.
We have extensive experience in the structured acquisition, development, financing and sale of residential, commercial, industrial and retail properties, acting for a wide range of leading Australian and international clients. The range of services provided by the team is varied, and includes advising our clients on:
• Tendering for and structuring property developments and acquisitions.
• Acquisitions and disposals of assets in all property classes, including commercial, retail, industrial, residential and hotels.
• Sale and leaseback transactions.
• Master planned residential developments.
• Tourist resorts and mixed-use developments and operation.
• Joint venture / project management negotiations and documentation.
• Leasing and lease negotiation.
• General real estate issues such as subdivisions, enforcement of securities
As a member of our Real Estate group, you will work in a collaborative environment advising, acting and supporting our clients with their legal issues involved in their real estate transactions. The group works closely with many parts of the firm, including the Funds Management team and the Projects team.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
• Extensive experience working in a Real Estate team, ideally at a well-regarded top tier firm, international firm or boutique firm.
• Experience in the acquisition, development and sale of real estate assets.
• A strong academic background.
• An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
• A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
• A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
• An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
• A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and gives you access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please send your application addressed to our Resourcing Manager, Charlotte Norman, or you can call Charlotte on +61 (0)3 9613 8983 for more information.