Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We have been named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas in the Chambers Asia-Pacific rankings for 2017, including 14 band one rankings in Australia, two in Vietnam, one in Papua New Guinea and one in Mongolia.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Following a successful year for our Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) practice nationally, we are now seeking to employ a talented Senior Associate to join our growing Melbourne team.
You will work in a collaborative environment with experts who are top of their game offering advice to clients that is commercially relevant to their business. The TMT market is rapidly-evolving and transforming traditional business systems, giving you the opportunity to act in many of Australia's largest and most significant technology, media and telecommunications deals.
Our TMT practice offers unrivalled depth of experience across the full spectrum: technology, outsourcing, telecommunications, media and broadcasting, data services, privacy and cyber-risk.
We serve a wide range of clients across multiple sectors: banks, telecoms and media companies, major corporates and government bodies. We also advise a range of start-ups and major corporates investing into the start-up sector.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience from a leading information technology practice, ideally with direct involvement in the negotiation of IT / telecommunication contracts.
- A strong academic background is required, and a degree in Science or Computer Science would be highly regarded, although is not essential.
- An ability to manage matters independently and to work effectively in teams on larger matters.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
If you have the ambition, talent and desire to progress through our firm, you can – as soon as you're ready.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please send your application addressed to our Resourcing Manager, Charlotte Norman, or call Charlotte on +61 3 9613 8983 for more information.