Records Manager (Sydney)
Job no: 492848
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We have been named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas in the Chambers Asia-Pacific rankings for 2017, including 14 band one rankings in Australia, two in Vietnam, one in Papua New Guinea and one in Mongolia.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We have a full-time opportunity for a Records Manager to join our Business Operations Department in Sydney.
The Records Manager is responsible for overseeing an effective records function in Sydney in order to achieve business excellence.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- People management: proactively manage a high performing team of two Records Officers through the identification of development needs, performance management, building team capability and leading an engaging work environment.
- Records management: oversee the daily activities of the Sydney records function in line with policies and procedures to meet business needs. Management of both physical and electronic files.
- Operational recordkeeping activities: registration, classification, sentencing, archival, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records.
- Client service: provide clear and concise specialist advice and training to internal clients that responds to their business needs and expectations and assists them to achieve their overall business objectives.
- Projects: Contribute to and lead a variety of projects, to ensure standardisation and promote best practice across the records management function and service to clients.
- Stakeholder management: manage the relationship with our service provider in Sydney.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Previous Records management experience with understanding of an electronic Document and Records Management System, classification schemes and general retention and disposal schedules.
- Ability to support and manage a team.
- Ability to lead complex projects that have strategic importance to the firm.
- Ability to identify and influence process change.
- An enthusiastic and energetic outlook and positive attitude.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Experience in a professional services/law firm environment, would be highly desired.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We prefer direct applications for this role. Please apply via our on-line portal and address your application to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant, or call Christa for further information on +61 (0)7 3334 3115.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend