Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries.
Allens has been named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas in the Chambers Asia-Pacific rankings for 2017, including 14 band one rankings in Australia, two in Vietnam and one in Papua New Guinea.
Our Competition Law Group, named an elite band one practice in the Chambers Asia-Pacific rankings for 2017, is a powerful and talented team of lawyers.
The team offers our clients experience, expertise and commercial advice in dealing with the full spectrum of competition and consumer law matters, including in relation to:
• Mergers and acquisitions.
• Joint ventures.
• Anti-competitive conduct allegations.
• ACCC investigations and immunity applications.
• Access undertakings and arrangements.
• ACCC enforcement action and third party litigation.
• Marketing and advertising reviews.
• Review of contractual terms.
• Compliance programs.
We are growing and now seeking a talented Associates to join our Melbourne and Sydney based team.
The Competition Law Group is involved in many significant transactions across a wide spectrum of industries. This role will provide you with the opportunity to be actively involved in the full range of competition law services as well as receive on-going training and development.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
• Demonstrated experience in competition law, ideally from a leading top tier or national firm or a competition agency.
• An ability to independently manage smaller matters and work streams of larger matters.
• A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
• An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
• A willingness to actively contribute to and develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
• A willingness to contribute to knowledge management and thought leadership.
What we'll offer
If you have the ambition, talent and desire to progress through our firm, you can – as soon as you're ready.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Charlotte Norman, Resourcing Manager, or call 03 9613 8983.