Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We have been named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas in the Chambers Asia-Pacific rankings for 2017, including 14 band one rankings in Australia, two in Vietnam, one in Papua New Guinea and one in Mongolia.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
An opportunity now exists in our Sydney office for an experienced secretary to support a partner, and other lawyers within our busy Competition Practice Group.
The role requires proactive support in all aspects of practice management. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provision of secretarial and practice management services to a portfolio of internal clients, including a partner and a team of lawyers.
• Preparing and amending contracts and legal correspondence.
• Billing and client reporting.
• Diary, travel and expense management.
• Management of meetings and telephone conference calls in an effective and professional manner.
• Co-ordination of external seminars in conjunction with marketing/events team.
• Performing other administrative tasks as required.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
• Demonstrated experience in a legal secretarial role.
• Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email.
• A commitment to excellence in client service, along with strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and the ability to build rapport with busy clients, partners and lawyers.
• A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the flexibility to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines.
• The ability to work well within a team environment.
• A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
• The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please send your application via the online recruitment portal addressed to our Resourcing Consultant, Christa Howat.