Learning Designer, Learning & Development – Fixed Term Contract (Sydney or Melbourne)
Job no: 492877
Work type: Casual / Temp, Fixed Term Contract - Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We have been named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas in the Chambers Asia-Pacific rankings for 2017, including 14 band one rankings in Australia, two in Vietnam, one in Papua New Guinea and one in Mongolia.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
At Allens we think that learning is far more than formal classroom development – it's a complex and interrelated experience incorporating culture, beliefs, mindset, behaviour, habits, experience and skills – often taking place on the go and in everyday situations.
Learning underpins so much of what we do and we are now looking for an experienced Learning Designer to come on this journey with us for an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
Your role will sit within the broader Learning and Development (L&D) team with the aim of designing and developing learning experiences for our employees.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with senior leaders to identify and evaluate what our employees need to learn.
- Writing and shaping content, storyboards, scripts, workbooks and performance support assets, ensuring that the deliverables match business needs.
- Working with the relevant teams to create various media (online, digital and face-to-face) to support the learning objectives.
- Managing train-the-trainer programs to deliver the end result, including leader-led, blended learning solutions, course materials and programs.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience in a similar role as a Learning Designer, preferably in a professional services organisation.
- A solid understanding of various software and systems, including: authoring tools, LMS Systems, VILT.
- Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder environment and build relationships.
- Highly consultative approach with exceptional stakeholder engagement, with an ability to coach and influence senior leaders.
- Strategic thinker with a results driven attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and an adaptable and proactive personality with a willingness to take ownership.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a high performing team.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please send your application addressed to our Resourcing Manager, Charlotte Norman, or call Charlotte on +61 3 9613 8983 for more information.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend