Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We have been named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas in the Chambers Asia-Pacific rankings for 2017, including 14 band one rankings in Australia, two in Vietnam, one in Papua New Guinea and one in Mongolia.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
At Allens we think that learning is far more than formal classroom development – it's a complex and interrelated experience incorporating culture, beliefs, mindset, behaviour, habits, experience and skills – often taking place on the go and in everyday situations.
Learning underpins so much of what we do and we are now looking for an experienced Learning Manager to come on this journey with us.
In this role you will partner with the business and lead the execution of learning and development (L&D) initiatives across one or both of our legal and corporate services employee population. The ultimate aim is to equip our people with the capabilities and skills that enable them to add value and drive competitive advantage.
As a Learning and Development Manager, you will work alongside the Head of Learning and Organisational Development to support the embedment of a blended learning approach that develops the capabilities and mindsets required in the firm for the future. In essence, we are transforming our approach to learning across the business. This role is for an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Management of the end to end L&D process from design, development and implementation of all formal and informal learning across one or more business areas.
- Responsibility for the alignment of L&D initiatives with broader Organisational Development projects and business objectives.
- Project management and relationship management skills that will ensure initiatives are delivered on time, within budget and to expected standards.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience in a similar role, preferably in a professional services organisation.
- Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder environment and build relationships.
- Highly consultative approach with exceptional stakeholder engagement, with an ability to coach and influence senior leaders.
- Strategic thinker with a results driven attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and an adaptable and proactive personality with a willingness to take ownership.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a high performing team.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, HR or equivalent would be an advantage.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please send your application addressed to our Resourcing Manager, Charlotte Norman, or call Charlotte on +61 3 9613 8983 for more information.