Catering Supervisor - 12 month fixed-term contract (Sydney)
Job no: 492887
Work type: Fixed Term Contract - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with partners, lawyers and corporate services staff across Asia and Australia, and a global network spanning 39 offices and 29 countries.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We have an opportunity for a Catering Supervisor to join our Sydney office on a full-time, 12 month fixed-term parental leave contract. We are looking for the successful candidate to join the team in November, for a handover period.
The Catering Supervisor is responsible for planning, organising and presenting all food and beverage services in the Sydney office to an excellent standard. The role leads, develops and supports both the front and back of house teams.
What we are looking for:
- An enthusiastic and energetic outlook and positive attitude.
- An ability to thrive in a busy environment.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- An ability to support and manage a large team, including permanent staff and agency staff.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- An ability to maintain a calm demeanour at all times, even when confronted with challenging last minute requests and very busy days.
- A dedicated 'foodie' with a keen interest in sustainable food trends, supporting the firms commitment to sustainable work practices utilising local produce where viable.
- Experience in a similar role in a professional services environment, would be highly desired.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordination: liaising with key clients to determine catering requirements for a designated location, including menu plans, staffing requirements and adhering to budgets.
- Menu development: oversee the preparation of menu plans with the Head Chef and Chef, to ensure all catering available is varied, made with quality produce and in line with client event briefs.
- People management: proactively manage a high performing team through the identification of development needs, performance management, building team capability, recruiting, engaging and retaining staff.
- Financial management: assist the National Catering Manager with the management of the catering budget, supplier payments, employee overtime and agency staff usage.
- Administration duties: catering expenses, ad hoc administration, monthly catering statistics.
The Catering team provide premium hospitality service to all clients of the firm from 7am – 9pm Monday to Friday and outside these hours as to the business needs.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and develop your career. It's up to you to make the most of these opportunities.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please send your application online addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant. Please note we are only accepting direct applicants.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend