Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
The firm uses technology to support all aspects of its business - both internally and in its interactions with clients and the wider market. We draw on the experience of a skilled technical and project management support service team to work with our clients to come up with sustainable solutions to cater for their requirements.
Following internal movements, we are now recruiting a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Information Technology Department. Based in our Sydney office, you will be responsible for the design, delivery and support of the firm's business systems.
Whilst this is mainly an operational role supporting and maintaining a wide range of firm applications and systems, it also involves a large component of project work – including a document management system (DMS) replacement project. Any previous experience working with a DMS will be highly regarded.
Candidates looking for flexible work arrangements will be considered for this opportunity.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Significant relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of systems support and administration, including patching, maintenance, and log monitoring.
- Experience of Windows 2008/2012 Server and supporting technologies such as AD, DNS, WINS, DHCP.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to a changing environment, team player, detail oriented, logical thinker with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to identify critical issues and deal with them proactively and independently, or escalate them when required.
- Ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, and prioritise workloads.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to write brilliant documentation and have a passion for sharing your knowledge.
- Experience administering a DMS will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated SQL expertise is not essential but will be looked upon favourably.
- Understanding of project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Prince2).
- Experience in a scripting language (e.g. PowerShell) is ideal but not essential.
As the owner of various systems, you will be expected to perform out-of-hours maintenance and critical support when required.
What we'll offer
If you have the ambition, talent and desire to progress through our firm, you can – as soon as you're ready.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant or call Christa on +61733343115.