Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our Real Estate Group is a powerful and talented team of lawyers operating throughout the region. The team, which sits within our highly regarded Real Estate & Development Practice Group is a full-service, corporate real estate team with broad experience in all aspects of property-related law.
We are currently on the lookout for a Real Estate Associate to join our growing Perth practice. You will
primarily undertake Real Estate work but ideally have a willingness to broaden your skills and work across both Real Estate and Environment & Planning.
The Real Estate team acts for a number of prominent developers, landlords, government agencies and major tenants, advising on the structuring, development, occupancy and disposal of property assets. Our diverse client mix means that we act across a range of market sectors, working on major residential, retail and office properties, large commercial transactions with real estate aspects and major industrial and social infrastructure projects.
You will work in a collaborative environment across our national offices on market leading national transactions, and will be given excellent training and development opportunities and the support to manage your own matters and client relationships early on.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience working in a Real Estate team, ideally at a well-regarded top tier firm, international firm, Australian firm or boutique firm.
- Exposure to Environment and Planning work would be desirable but is not essential.
- Experience in the acquisition, development and sale of real estate assets, alongside experience in conveyancing, retail and commercial leasing.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and gives you access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your application via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant or call Christa on +61 7 3334 3115 for a confidential discussion.