Assistant Company Secretary (Sydney)
Job no: 492945
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers, Paralegals, Corporate Services
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including Finance, Applied Legal Technology, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge Services, Marketing & Client Services and People & Development.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Company Secretary to join our Company Secretariat team in our Sydney office.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with the Company Secretary to provide company secretarial and compliance services to a portfolio of external (local and foreign) and internal clients in accordance with the relevant Corporations Act requirements;
- Providing company secretarial services to clients including reservation of company names, incorporation and deregistration of companies, registration of foreign companies, corporate registry maintenance and attending to annual company reviews of client companies;
- Assisting lawyers with corporate and commercial transactions such as share sale/purchase transactions, due diligence reviews, company restructures, share issues, capital reductions and share transfers;
- Creating and maintaining masterlists of client company profiles; and
- Conducting due diligence reviews of corporate statutory records.
What you'll bring
- Experience in a company secretarial role, preferably within a law firm, accounting practice, company secretarial environment or company.
- Knowledge of the Corporations Act and company reporting requirements.
- Excellent computer skills. A strong working knowledge of the Corporate Affairs System (CAS) software package is preferred.
- A commitment to excellence in client service, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, confidence and the ability to build rapport with busy clients (internal and external).
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative.
- Formal qualifications in either commerce, accounting, economics or law and/or qualifications from Governance Institute of Australia, would be desirable but are not essential.
What we'll offer
If you have the ambition, talent and desire to progress through our firm, you can – as soon as you're ready.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our on-line portal, addressing your application to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant. Agency applications will not be considered at this time. The Allens offices will be closed from 1pm on 22 December to 8 January – successful candidates will be contacted in mid-January.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend