Legal Education & Client Training Manager – 24 month Fixed Term Contract in L&D (Sydney or Melbourne)
Job no: 492952
Work type: Fixed Term Contract - Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Experienced Lawyers, Corporate Services
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including People & Development, Finance, Applied Legal Technology, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge Services and Marketing & Client Services.
At Allens we think that learning is far more than formal classroom development – it's a complex and interrelated experience incorporating culture, beliefs, mindset, behaviour, habits, experience and skills – often taking place on the go and in everyday situations.
Learning underpins so much of what we do and following a busy and successful year for our team, we are now looking for an experienced Legal Education and Client Training Manager to join us, and come on this journey with us for a 24 month fixed term contract.
In this role you will partner with the business and lead the execution of learning and development (L&D) initiatives nationally across our legal population. The ultimate aim is to equip our lawyers and partners with the capabilities and skills that enable them to add value and drive competitive advantage.
As a Legal Education and Client Training Manager, you will work alongside the Head of Learning and Organisational Development to support the embedment of a blended learning approach that develops the capabilities and mindsets required in the firm for the future. In essence, we are transforming our approach to learning across the business.
This position can be based in either Sydney or Melbourne and would be ideal for a lawyer that has moved into a Learning & Development role, or a Professional Support/Knowledge Lawyer who is heavily involved in legal training.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Management of the end to end technical legal learning and development process from design, development and implementation of all formal and informal learning across all legal Practice Groups.
- Responsibility for the alignment of learning and development initiatives with broader Organisational Development projects and business objectives.
- Project management and relationship management skills that will ensure initiatives are delivered on time, within budget and to expected standards.
- Development of the firm's offering in, and provision of, training to clients.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience in a similar role leading all legal learning and development initiatives, preferably in a professional services organisation.
- An understanding of learning methodologies and learning styles suitable for adult learning and lawyers.
- Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder environment and build relationships.
- Highly consultative approach with exceptional stakeholder engagement, with an ability to coach and influence senior leaders.
- Strategic thinker with a results driven attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and an adaptable and proactive personality with a willingness to take ownership.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a high performing team.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, HR or equivalent would be an advantage.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. A recruitment consultant from the team will be in touch.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend