Legal Secretary, Corporate team (Melbourne)
Job no: 492957
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries.
We've been named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas and jurisdictions in the 2018 Chambers Asia Pacific rankings.
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to support a Partner and lawyers within one of our busy Corporate teams in the Melbourne office.
The role requires proactive support in all aspects of practice management. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provision of secretarial and practice management services to a portfolio of internal clients, including a partner and a team of lawyers;
- Preparing and amending contracts and legal correspondence;
- Billing and client reporting;
- Diary, travel and expense management;
- Management of meetings and telephone conference calls in an effective and professional manner;
- Support in Business Development initiatives with the Partner;
- Co-ordination of external seminars in conjunction with marketing/events team; and
- Performing other administrative tasks as required.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a legal secretarial role.
- Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email.
- A commitment to excellence in client service, along with strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and the ability to build rapport with busy clients, partners and lawyers.
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the flexibility to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative and
- Maintain confidentiality.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please send your application via the online recruitment portal addressed to our Resourcing Consultant, Christa Howat.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend