Human Resources / People & Development Advisor (Melbourne)
Job no: 492964
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including People & Development, Finance, Applied Legal Technology, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge Services and Marketing & Client Services.
We are a high performing People & Development (Human Resources) department and have an opportunity for a People & Development Advisor to join our Melbourne office. This opportunity has arisen due to increased work requirements and upcoming project work that will require additional resources.
The role is integral within the department and a fantastic opportunity to be exposed to a variety of work across all client groups – legal and non-legal – and within the broader People & Development Team. The team is made up of the following 'centres of expertise':
- People & Development Consulting
- Resourcing and Strategic Projects
- Reward and Operations
- Learning & Organisational Development
- Diversity, Inclusion & Wellbeing
- Employment Relations & Policy
Reporting to the People & Development Operations Supervisor as part of the Operations team, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support across all aspects of the People & Development team. You will take ownership for systems and information maintenance and will be responsible for identifying opportunities for efficiency and building process improvements. You will also provide support with any project work. The role will contribute to the overall success and achievement of broader, strategic team objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administration across all stages of the employment life cycle (including commencement, induction, staff movements, departures etc.).
- Providing administrative support across the People and Development department, proactively supporting the centres of expertise.
- Managing and updating all People & Development information in the Human Resource Information System (Chris 21).
- Managing all recruitment coordination, including interview bookings and confirmations, and maintaining and updating our recruitment system (PageUp).
- Working closely with the Graduate Resourcing team and providing support where necessary with our Clerkship and Graduate recruitment campaigns.
- Providing monthly reporting on staff movements and other ad-hoc reporting as required by the business.
- Providing assistance to broader People & Development projects as required.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Strong administrative experience including Microsoft Office skills (in particular MSWord and Excel).
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- A demonstrated customer service orientation and a proactive approach with an eye for identifying opportunities for efficiency.
- Relevant experience gained within the professional services industry would be advantageous but is not essential.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and gives you access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please send your application addressed to our Resourcing Manager, Charlotte Norman, or you can call Charlotte on +61 (0)4 51 934 116 for more information.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend