Human Resources / People & Development Manager (Melbourne)
Job no: 492965
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including People & Development, Finance, Applied Legal Technology, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge Services and Marketing & Client Services.
We are a high performing People & Development (Human Resources) department and have an opportunity for an experienced P&D Manager (HR Business Partner) to join our Melbourne office. You will have responsibility for leadership of all People & Development matters in your respective relevant client groups nationally.
Through effective business partnering, you will engage your stakeholders and will work with your client groups across the firm to achieve their business outcomes and strategic goals. You will support the business in the diagnosis of people issues and will recommend solutions to Practice Group Leaders to resolve issues. You will also take the lead on strategic projects across the firm by influencing stakeholders and managing more junior members of the team in order to achieve objectives.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Oversight, development and delivery of people strategy, initiatives and practices within Practice Groups.
- Identify strategic people issues for Practice Groups, and design solutions in collaboration with P&D teams and Practice Group Leaders.
- Delivery of annual performance, talent and remuneration activities to practice groups.
- Drive and implement change initiatives across client groups in line with firm strategy.
- Manage employee relations issues either in client group.
- Develop initiatives to drive employee engagement, retention, talent development and mobility, and coach and influence leaders to embed practices.
- Identify trends from business, workforce and people data to inform people issues and solutions
- Business planning, including leading the people component of the Practice Group business plan.
- Proactively identify reporting needs for business to support business to make informed people decisions
- Leading or supporting strategic and operational improvement projects across the Practice Groups and firm
- Identification, proactive management and escalation of people risks
- Collaborating with other departments across the firm including, Commercial Managers and Business Development Managers.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience in a similar business partnering role, preferably in a professional services organisation or within a complex organisation.
- Strong partnering and collaborations skills with demonstrated experience in driving change across business as well as P&D.
- Strong problem solving skills and a flexible, proactive style and a willingness to take ownership.
- Highly consultative approach with exceptional stakeholder engagement capabilities, across multiple stakeholders at once.
- Experience of coaching and influencing senior leaders.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please send your application addressed to our Resourcing Manager, Charlotte Norman, or call Charlotte on +61 3 9613 8983 for more information.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend