Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We've been named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas and jurisdictions in the 2018 Chambers Asia Pacific rankings.
Following a successful year for our Technology, Media and Telecommunications and Intellectual Property practices, we are now seeking to employ a talented Associate or Senior Associate (2-5yr PQE in TMT/IP) to join our Brisbane team.
Allens is ranked Band 1 by Chambers Asia Pacific 2017 for IT and Telecommunications and also for Media. We are the only Australian law firm ranked Band 1 for both TMT streams.
Our lawyers work across the full suite of legal practice areas relating to TMT and commercial IP. The role offers an opportunity to work in a collaborative and supportive environment with Partner, Michael Morris and other senior lawyers within the Brisbane team, nationally and internationally who are top of their game offering advice to clients that is commercially relevant to their business.
Our TMT practice offers unrivalled depth of experience across the full spectrum: technology, outsourcing, telecommunications, media and broadcasting, data services, privacy and cyber-risk, and intellectual property.
We serve a wide range of clients across multiple sectors: banks, telecoms and media companies, major corporates and government bodies. We also advise a range of start-ups and major corporates investing into the start-up sector through our Allens Accelerate practice.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience (2-5yr PQE) from a leading TMT/IP practice in Australia or other common law jurisdiction, ideally with direct involvement in the drafting and negotiation of a broad range of IT / telecommunications contracts.
- An ability to manage matters independently and to work effectively in teams on larger matters.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
If you have the ambition, talent and desire to progress through our firm, you can – as soon as you're ready.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please apply via our online portal, addressing your application to our Resourcing Consultant, Christa Howat, or call 07 3334 3115 for more information.