Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Events specialist to join our high performing Marketing and Client Services department.
Based in Melbourne, this is a fantastic opportunity to be directly involved in the delivery of highly regarded client events and network programs, and to support marketing and communication deliverables, alongside a supportive and cohesive team.
Our National Events and Networks Team conduct more than 600 internal and external events and seminars annually, with a large proportion of those in Melbourne. You will work within the team to support delivery of many facets of the program, including seminars, thought leadership series, client relationship management, corporate hospitality, sponsorship and internal practice development events.
You will also gain experience and work with the broader Marketing and Client Services Department. In particular, you will work closely with our Marketing, Corporate Communications (which includes PR and Social Media, Internal Communications and Publications) and Digital & Design teams.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supporting and running Melbourne-based events with consultation with the broader Events and Networks Team.
- Proficiently executing all aspects of event coordination from the initial inception and scoping, through to delivery, including measuring return on investment and post-event evaluation.
- Performing the administrative and database aspects related to events, including proficient use of the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) and web systems.
- Leveraging the CRM system and drawing on knowledge about the firm's client base to develop recommendations about how and where to target events campaigns.
- Supporting Business Development and Marketing specialists to leverage events to create client engagement opportunities
- Stakeholder management.
- Budget management and liaising with external suppliers and venues.
- Providing a high-level of on-site support during events.
- Taking event briefs and applying creative thinking.
Some of our events will require you to work outside of office hours.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Significant experience in delivering end-to-end high profile client events in a corporate setting.
- Corporate events experience supporting a team and running events autonomously is essential.
- Exceptional client management skills and positive client service approach.
- Demonstrated communication skills and professional composure.
- Hands-on approach and a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility, with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within and across teams and offices.
- Superior work ethic and strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of the legal or professional services industry would be advantageous in understanding the calibre and scale of events we deliver.
- Tertiary qualifications in event management, business or marketing is highly desired.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and gives you access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please send your application addressed to our Resourcing Manager, Charlotte Norman or call +61 (0) 9613 8983 for more information.