Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 40 offices in 28 countries.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including, Applied Legal Technology, Marketing & Client Services, People & Development, Finance, Business Operations, Information Technology and Knowledge Services.
As a key pillar of the Firm's Alternative Services a+ offering, the LawLab team is responsible developing market leading legal technology solutions for our clients, incubating new technologies and supporting the firm's innovation agenda.
Allens' LawLab team is a cross-functional group of information, legal technology and knowledge experts. You will be joining our award winning team which has recently won the Property Council Innovation & Excellence Award for Project Innovation and the ILTA Innovative Project of the Year 2017, for our Real Estate Due Diligence (REDDA) App. and the Lawyers Weekly Innovator of the Year 2017 award for our a+ alternative legal service offerings.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join the LawLab team. Working in our Applied Legal Technology (ALT) department, you will assist the Site Managers in the delivery of innovative, cost effective legal technology solutions. The focus of this role is to deliver high quality, commercially viable results for the business and our clients. As one of the largest legal technology teams in Australia you will work alongside individuals with legal, technical, project management and commercial qualifications, providing you with exposure to a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Consulting to legal teams and clients on legal technology solutions in development;
- Technical administration of databases and developing market leading legal technology solutions;
- Supervising and developing team members working on LawLab projects;
- The application of project management techniques including task based scoping, planning, costing, scheduling and risk assessment to respond to and manage work requests; and
- Client and stakeholder management, consulting and developing networks within all levels of the business.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Ability to translate legal challenges and problems into legal technology solutions. You will possess working knowledge of legal content / workflows with advanced technologies (including AI and Collaboration tools);
- 3 years plus experience in project managing legal technology project in professional services environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills;
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to deliver high quality under pressure;
- Demonstrated experience leading and motivating teams, with the ability to manage people, processes, technology and budgets for large scale projects will be essential; and
- Business development, analytical and project management skills are also required to facilitate strong business relationships with partners and lawyers.
A degree in legal information management, computing science and / or legal qualifications relevant to the role are necessary. Business or financial qualifications would also be highly regarded.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be professionals of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
Please apply via our online portal and address your application to our Resourcing Consultant Christa Howat. For more information please call Christa on +61 7 3334 3115.