Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 40 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our Competition, Consumer & Regulatory Law Group, named an elite band one practice in the Chambers Asia-Pacific rankings for 2018, is a powerful and talented team of lawyers.
Our experienced team offers our clients experience, expertise and commercial advice in dealing with the full spectrum of competition and consumer law matters, including in relation to:
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Joint ventures.
- Anti-competitive conduct allegations.
- ACCC investigations and immunity applications.
- Access undertakings and arrangements.
- ACCC enforcement action and third party litigation.
- Marketing and advertising reviews.
- Review of contractual terms.
- Compliance programs.
We are growing and now seeking talented Senior level Associates to join us in the Sydney based team.
The Competition, Consumer & Regulatory Practice Group is involved in many significant transactions across a wide spectrum of industries. This role will provide you with the opportunity to be actively involved in the full range of competition law services as well as receive on-going training and development.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in competition law, ideally from a leading top tier or national firm or a competition agency.
- An ability to effectively manage larger matters and lead teams.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be the lawyers of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a lawyer. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people, including rotations in Linklaters London, Hong Kong and Singapore for our graduate lawyers.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your application via our on-line careers site addressed to Rachael Duggan, Resourcing Manager or call Rachael on +61 2 9230 4618 for a confidential discussion.