Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We've been named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas and jurisdictions in the 2018 Chambers Asia Pacific rankings.
Following a busy and successful year for our Employment & Safety Stream and our practice nationally, we are now seeking to employ a talented Senior Associate to join our growing Sydney team.
The Employment & Safety Stream sits within the Disputes & Investigations team and advises on all areas of employment, work health and safety, industrial relations, and discrimination law.
You will join a dedicated team of experts and gain exposure to a broad array of employment and safety work, both contentious and non-contentious. Our team advises clients on work health and safety law, due diligence obligations, incident response, investigations, bullying and harassment (including sexual harassment), employment contracts, incentive and reward schemes, enterprise bargaining, industrial instruments, workplace policies, performance and conduct management, termination of employment, outsourcing arrangements, consultancy agreements, post-employment restraints, legislative and policy developments.
You will work across a broad range of sectors including telecommunication, media and technology, pharmaceuticals, financial services, energy and resources, infrastructure, health, construction and retail.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
• Demonstrated experience in work health and safety and employment law, ideally at a well-regarded top tier firm, national or international firm or boutique firm.
• An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
• A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
• A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
• An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks
• A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
If you have the ambition, talent and desire to progress through our firm, you can – as soon as you're ready.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.