Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 40 offices in 28 countries.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including People & Development, Finance, Applied Legal Technology, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge Services and Marketing & Client Services.
We are looking for a full-time Document Review Team Leader on a 6 month fixed term contract basis to join our Applied Legal Technology Department (ALT) in Sydney.
You will be joining our award winning team which has recently won the Lawyers Weekly Innovator of the Year 2017 award for our a+ alternative legal service offerings and the ILTA Innovative Project of the Year 2017, for our Real Estate Due Diligence (REDDA) App.
The position of Document Team Leader reports to the Document Review Team (DRT) Manager and is supervised by a Project Manager on a day-to-day basis. The Team Leader assists the Project Manager in managing the review and team, and performs document review and quality assurance tasks for eDiscovery, lease or contract reviews and document automation. The Team Leader provides the daily status update and is the key contact between the review team and legal teams.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing and supervising contract lawyers for DRT matter work by giving instructions to Document Reviewers, responding to queries and undertaking quality checks and quality assurance of work completed.
- Project manage the document review process for matters by managing any issues that arise, monitoring progress of the review, providing regular status updates to the Project Manager and Lawyers, ensuring the document review process is completed on time and within the agreed budget, and escalating queries and implementing solutions where appropriate.
- Collaborate with the broader ALT team and Allens lawyers to deliver quality, cost effective results on matters and national projects.
- Assist with the recruitment of contract lawyers for the DRT as needed on matters and ensure that candidates are a skills and cultural fit in the Allens high performance culture.
- Knowledge sharing: Share knowledge openly and effectively with other ALT team members locally and nationally to contribute to our overall commercial, legal, technical and project management market knowledge.
- Assist in providing coverage for the DRT Manager when required.
What you'll bring
- To be successful in this role you will be legally qualified, with previous experience practising as a lawyer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Experience leading team of lawyers or paralegals on large document reviews.
- Experience working on litigation matters involving eDiscovery is desired.
- Legal technology experience, especially in litigation eDiscovery or corporate due diligence is highly desirable.
- Qualifications, or equivalent experience, in legal information management, information technology or computing science is highly desirable.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be professionals of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant.