Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 40 offices in 28 countries.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including Secretarial services, People & Development, Finance, Applied Legal Technology, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge Services and Marketing & Client
We are looking for an experienced senior legal secretary to join our Corporate Department in Melbourne. You will be supporting a number of other highly regarded legal operatives who specialise in the Energy & Resources and Mergers & Acquisition sectors.
- Diary, travel and expense management;
- Billing and client reporting;
- Document management experience
- Management of meetings and telephone conference calls in an effective and professional manner;
- Preparing and amending legal correspondence and agreements/documents;
- Digital dictation
- Managing tender documents (PowerPoint) / CVs
- Provision of secretarial and practice management services to a portfolio of internal clients; and
- Performing other administrative tasks as required.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a senior legal secretarial role;
- Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email;
- A commitment to excellence in client service, along with strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and the ability to build rapport with
- busy clients, partners, lawyers and secretaries;
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the flexibility to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines;
- The ability to work well within a team environment;
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be professionals of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
Please apply via our online portal, and address your application to Madeleine Charles, Resourcing Consultant.