Legal Secretary, Disputes & Investigations (Sydney)
Job no: 494057
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries.
Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia. We've been named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas and jurisdictions in the 2018 Chambers Asia Pacific rankings.
We are looking for an legal secretary to join our leading Disputes and Investigation team in Sydney on a full time basis. You will be supporting a number of highly regarded legal operatives and will work in a collegiate and supportive environment.
- Diary, travel and expense management;
- Billing and client reporting;
- Management of meetings and telephone conference calls in an effective and professional manner;
- Preparing and amending legal correspondence;
- Provision of secretarial and practice management services to a portfolio of internal clients; and
- Performing other administrative tasks as required.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience in a legal secretary role or in a professional services firm;
- A high level of computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email;
- Minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute;
- A commitment to excellence in client service, along with strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and the ability to build rapport with busy clients, partners and lawyers;
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the flexibility to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines;
- The ability to work well within a team environment;
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people who can help you drive your career.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please apply via our online portal, and address your application to via Madeleine Charles, Resourcing Consultant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend