Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 40 offices in 28 countries.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including, Finance, People & Development, Applied Legal Technology, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge Services and Marketing & Client Services.
A full-time opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join the Finance team in our Sydney office.
The Finance Department provides strategic input to the firm based on an analysis of financial data and forecasting of results to ensure planning, budgeting and performance tracking activities meet the firm's goals. Operational tasks include all financial and statutory reporting, management reporting, expense control, capital management, tax, payroll, accounts payable, risk management and liaison with external auditors.
The position of Accounts Payable Clerk focuses primarily on the accurate and timely recording of all corporate credit card expenditure and staff reimbursements in order to provide excellent service levels in line with client expectations.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 5 years previous Accounts Payable experience with skills in credit card management software would be preferred;
- A strong knowledge of GST compliance is required;
- An ability to work collaboratively with other members of the team by displaying high standards of conduct, and supporting the overall objectives of the team;
- Ability to respond timely to staff enquiries relating to credit card details, liaising with operatives and support staff to resolve any issues;
- Excellent client service skills and professionalism by responding appropriately and promptly to all forms of communication to deliver high quality client service; and
- Exceptional attention to detail, as you will be updating and maintaining the database (Fraedom), ensuring data quality, preparing accurate and high level statistical data reports for senior management, including the preparation of accounting journals.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be professionals of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Madeleine Charles, Resourcing Consultant.