Associate and Senior Associate, Litigation (Papua New Guinea)
Job no: 494077
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Papua New Guinea
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We have one of the leading Disputes & Investigations practices in Papua New Guinea (PNG). Due to the significant growth in the team, we are looking for an Associate (2-5 years PQE) and a Senior Associate (5+ years PQE) to join our litigation team lead by David Hill. This is a great opportunity for either experienced local lawyers or Australian lawyers who are familiar with PNG, to grow their career in Port Moresby.
Our PNG team practice local and international law and represent many Papua New Guinean, foreign and multinational companies on their investments and business interests, both in PNG and overseas. Our lawyers from PNG and Australia have extensive local and international experience.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: general commercial litigation, arbitration and insolvency, ideally from a leading top tier, national or international firm;
- An ability to effectively manage small and larger matters;
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader;
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships;
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks; and
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
- We'll equip you with the skills and experience you need to be a lawyer of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
- With us, you’ll be more than a lawyer. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solves our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
- At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences— for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
Please address your application to David Hill, PNG Practice Director. Email your resume, cover letter and academic transcripts to Theresa.Lamboku@allens.com.au.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend