Associate & Senior Associate, Competition, Consumer & Regulatory (Melbourne & Sydney)
Job no: 494116
Work type: Permanent - Full time, Permanent - Part time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
The Allens competition team act in many of Australia’s major cartel investigations, prosecutions, class actions, high-profile mergers and access disputes. We represent clients before the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, the Australian Competition Tribunal, the National Competition Council and the Federal Court. We bring our extensive knowledge of the regulators’ operations and procedures to all that we do.
Chambers Asia-Pacific describes our team as ‘a deep bench of practitioners that is highly rated across the full gamut of competition work’, with our experts recognised as ‘exceptional’, ‘very impressive’ and ‘expert in the field’.
Our experienced team offers our clients experience, expertise and commercial advice in dealing with the full spectrum of competition and consumer law matters, including in relation to:
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Joint ventures.
- Anti-competitive conduct allegations.
- ACCC investigations and immunity applications.
- Access undertakings and arrangements.
- ACCC enforcement action and third party litigation.
- Marketing and advertising reviews.
- Review of contractual terms.
- Compliance programs.
We are expanding and are looking to speak with talented Associates and Senior Associates to join our Melbourne and Sydney.
The team is involved in many significant transactions across a wide spectrum of industries. This role will provide you with the opportunity to be actively involved in the full range of competition law services as well as receive on-going training and development.
The team supports flexible work practices and is interested in speaking to lawyers wanting to work part-time or full-time.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in competition law, ideally from a leading top tier or national firm or a competition agency.
- An ability to effectively manage larger matters and lead teams.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
- You will be an integral part of a high performing, cross-practice team.
- At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be.
- You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
- You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your application via our on-line careers site addressed to Rachael Duggan, National Resourcing Manager or call Rachael on +61 2 9230 4618 for a confidential discussion. This role is open to candidates requiring sponsorship.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend