Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 40 offices in 28 countries.
We have been named Australian Law Firm of the Year in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 thanks to positive feedback from our clients. The award caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including People & Development, Finance, Applied Legal Technology, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge Services and Marketing & Client Services.
At Allens we think that learning is far more than formal classroom development – it's a complex and interrelated experience incorporating culture, beliefs, mindset, behaviour, habits, experience and skills – often taking place on the go and in everyday situations.
We are looking for a L&D Manager, with strong facilitation skills, who will play a pivotal role in delivering engaging face-to-face and online training programs across our legal and corporate services business teams. With the support of our Head of Learning & Development, you'll lead the embedment of a blended learning approach that develops the capabilities and mindsets required in the firm for the future. In essence, we are transforming our approach to learning across the business.
Are you ready to join us on this journey?
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Facilitation of classroom sessions using a range of techniques and approaches across business, professional and team building topics
- Pre and post session psychometric briefing, coaching and debriefing sessions with learners and their support networks
- Extending classroom learning on-the-job with targeted coaching and mentoring
- Consultation with external clients to design and facilitate client training events
- Providing input and expert advice into learning solution design
- Regular interstate travel for face-to-face facilitation events.
- Overseeing key strategic projects, in between facilitating and coaching responsibilities, working with members of the L&D and wider People & Development teams
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- 5+ years’ experience in facilitation;
- Experience facilitating in a professional services environment;
- Ability to challenge the status quo and introduce new approaches to learning that work in the Allens context;
- Demonstrated business partnering capabilities, with proven experience in developing deep stakeholder relationships with the capacity to influence and challenge key stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to present engaging and informative workshops and training within tight time constraints;
- Consulting with the business to design and deliver learning to all staff in multiple formats (group face-to-face facilitation, virtual facilitation and on-line);
- Strong listening skills, clarifies and probes for understanding;
- Receptive to feedback and continual improvement; and
- Tertiary qualifications in business, HR or equivalent would be an advantage.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be professionals of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
Please apply via our online portal and address your application to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager. For more information please call Lily on 0396138743.