Associates/Senior Associates, Commercial Litigation & Disputes (Sydney)
Job no: 494170
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
With more than 220 lawyers Allens has one of the leading practices in commercial litigation and dispute resolution in Australia. Many of our litigation partners are recognised as leaders in their field and market research shows that our accomplished litigation practice has 'put airspace between itself and its competitors' (Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers).
We act in some of Australia's most significant disputes, including class actions, competition cases, takeover disputes, and public and private investigations (including inquiries by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission, the Australian Securities Exchange, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Royal Commissions and Senate inquiries). We frequently assist with the Australian component of major international disputes, and have the capacity to conduct matters in jurisdictions throughout Australia and the Asia region.
We are seeking talented Associates and Senior Associates to join our Sydney team.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in commercial litigation from a leading top tier, national or international firm.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
- We'll equip you with the skills and experience you need to be a lawyer of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
- With us, you’ll be more than a lawyer. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solves our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
- At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences—for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume and transcript via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager or contact Lily for a confidential discussion on +61 3 9613 8743
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend