Lawyer/Associate, Corporate - Energy and Resources (Perth)
Job no: 494182
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
The energy and resources industry is changing rapidly. At Allens, we are regularly sought out by major resources clients to assist them with large-scale projects and complex commercial transactions across the oil and gas, energy and mining sectors. Resources is in our DNA, our expertise is based on a long history of working on a wide range of resources projects and transactions in Australia and internationally.
As a result of growth, we are seeking an Associate to join our Perth Corporate practice group, with corporate or resources experience and an interest in working with key players in the energy and resources industry. Working with leading energy and resources specialists who are focussed on your career, you will have an opportunity to work with mining companies and oil and gas companies (at all stages of project lifecycles).
The type of work you would do includes, farm in and joint venture agreements, equity restructurings, offtake agreements and buyers and sellers of various mining, energy and oil and gas assets and projects.
As a corporate lawyer at Allens, you will form part of a tight, highly motivated team and will have opportunities to stretch your capability and skills in a supportive environment. You will be given opportunities to work on some of the leading matters in the resources industry, within WA and nationally.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- An interest in the energy and resources sector, preferable with a corporate M&A or projects background, ideally at a leading Australian practice, international firm or boutique firm;
- Experience within joint ventures and joint venture agreements, resources project acquisitions and disposals, commodity sale and purchase agreements;
- An ability to effectively manage small matters and elements of larger matters;
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader;
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships;
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks; and
- Someone who thrives within and leading teams.
What we'll offer
- With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and transcript via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager on +61 3 9613 8743 for a confidential discussion.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend