Senior Consultant, Applied Legal Technology (Melbourne)
Job no: 494206
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our Applied Legal Technology (ALT) department is looking for an experienced Senior Consultant to join their team in Melbourne.
Allens has worked extensively to transform the way law is practiced. We've recently been ranked in top 100 Most Innovative Companies Australian Financial Review, 2018 and won the Project Innovation category Property Council Australia, 2018 for our Real Estate Due Diligence (REDDA) App.
As one of the largest legal technology teams in Australia you will work alongside individuals with legal, technical and project management qualifications, providing you with exposure to a wealth of knowledge and experience.
The position of Senior Consultant assists the Site Managers and Director in the delivery of cost effective and efficient legal technology services which include matter related databases, electronic discovery solutions, virtual data rooms, document review solutions and paralegal solutions that enable legal teams to provide quality and commercial results. The role provides consulting advice to both clients and Partners on strategic technical matters and assists in the instruction and management of ALT team members nationally.
Reporting to the Site Manager, key responsibilities of this role include:
- scoping and overseeing the technical aspects of large scale matters with minimal supervision;
- technical administration of databases and developing electronic information solutions utilising HTML and/or XML;providing expertise in the areas of eDiscovery including collection of ESI;
- supervision of staff and matter work to ensure the cost effective and professional delivery of legal technology services;
- assisting with the development of national technical training programs for lawyers and ALT staff;
- playing a key role in promoting ALT services to Practice Groups and clients;
- developing professional working relationships with partners, lawyers, ALT staff and external providers; and
- project managing national strategic projects as identified by the ALT Director.
What you'll bring
The ideal candidate will have deep technical and problem solving skills with the ability to consult on, and implement, eDiscovery and legal technology solutions. Experience with the collection of ESI would be an advantage. The candidate will require excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership and organisational skills. Demonstrated experience motivating teams, with the ability to manage people, processes, technology and budgets for large scale projects will be essential. Sound business development, analytical and project management skills are also required to facilitate strong business relationships with partners and lawyers.
It will be essential for the candidate to have an in depth understanding of Practice Notes and Court rules relating to eDiscovery, as well as key case law in the area.
A degree or equivalent experience in legal information management, computing science or legal qualifications relevant to the role will be highly regarded. Business or financial qualifications would also be an advantage.
What we'll offer
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solve our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress.
- At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend