Associate, Real Estate (Sydney)
Job no: 494232
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
The Allens Real Estate practice group is a full-service national corporate real estate team with broad experience in all aspects of real estate-related law working with developers, financiers, corporates and investors, to service large scale mining and energy projects and corporate reconstructions and work outs. Our reputation is based on our innovative approach to complex structuring of real estate transactions.
We have an opportunity for an Associate to join our team in Sydney. The vacancy provides the opportunity to advise Australian and international clients on all legal issues involved in their real estate transactions, with a particular focus in the acquisition, development and sale of commercial, industrial, residential and retail properties.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- 2-3 years' post-admission experience as a real estate practitioner from a team at a well-regarded top tier firm, international firm or boutique firm;
- An ability to effectively manage with strong technical skills smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters;
- A willingness and energy to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships;
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks; and
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
- We'll equip you with the skills and experience you need to be a lawyer of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
- With us, you’ll be more than a lawyer. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solves our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
- At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences—for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume and transcript via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager or contact Lily for a confidential discussion on +61 03 96138743.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend