Rule Automation Consultant – RegTech (Sydney or Melbourne), 12 month contract
Job no: 494235
Work type: Fixed Term Contract - Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
At Allens, we are renown in the Australian Legal market as an innovator in law. We are looking for a driven Rule Automation Consultant - RegTech to join our growing team on a 12 month contract, with the potential for extension. This role will be focused on building RegTech, AI and machine learning solutions for our clients.
The role of Rule Automation Consultant – RegTech is new within Allens. You will work closely with internal teams, technology providers and our clients to deliver projects building automated compliance review tools that will deliver benefits to our clients.
As a Rule Automation Consultant – RegTech, you will be comfortable operating across practice groups and locations and delivering services to our clients in innovative ways through technology and automating manual systems and processes. At the forefront of RegTech, you will be working at the intersection of technology and regulatory compliance, helping our national team build a new service offering in a fast moving environment.
You may be a Business Analyst looking for the next step up in their career, a Software/Test Automation developer looking for a business-facing role, or a lawyer with a keen interest in technology.
You are a critical thinker who is focused on finding and delivering the optimal solution to our clients. You are ambitious and have a keen sense of ownership, exceptional time management skills. An ability to deliver high quality work under pressure will be paramount.
Core responsibilities include:
- Working with technology vendors in the area of AI and machine learning
- Scoping client needs, then working with internal teams, clients and vendors to prepare work plans and deliver optimal work products
- Analysing existing client compliance and legal review processes and rules and working with current and new tools to automate review processes by building automated rules within available technology solutions
- Managing other rule builders including a full time Rules Analyst
- Liaising with clients and Allens teams to resolve issues to deliver services on time, within scope and budget
- Working with partners to provide a regulatory rule maintenance and governance service to clients.
What you'll bring
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- The ability to assess existing business rules and convert them into codified logic (Rule Building, NLP, Information Retrieval or an AI background would be advantageous)
- Project management experience, ideally working in an Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- To be a self-starter who is keen to develop and learn; and keep on top of current trends in the LegTech/RegTech market.
What we'll offer
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge work with emerging technology in the LegTech/RegTech field.
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solves our clients' most complex problems.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on + 61 7 3334 3115.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend