Rule Automation Analyst – RegTech (Sydney or Melbourne), 12 month contract
Job no: 494236
Work type: Fixed Term Contract - Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Experienced Lawyers, Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
At Allens, we are renown in the Australian Legal market as an innovator in law. We are looking for a driven Rule Automation Analyst to join our growing team, on a 12 month contract, with the potential for extension. This role will be focused on building RegTech, AI and machine learning solutions for our clients.
At the forefront of RegTech, you will be working at the intersection of technology and regulatory compliance and help our national team build a new service offering in a fast-moving environment.
You may be a junior lawyer looking for a different career path with a keen interest in technology.
As a Rule Automation Analyst, RegTech, you will report to the Rule Automation Consultant, RegTech – and will be responsible for the following:
- Working with the Rule Automation Consultant to analyse existing client compliance and legal review processes and rules and work to find the most efficient way to improve them
- Reviewing regulatory decisions and devising appropriate rule scenarios to ensure compliance with legislation and regulations
- Liaise with vendors, clients and Allens teams to resolve issues in order to deliver services on time, within scope and budget
- Ad-hoc research as required
What you'll bring
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A keen interest in solving client problems by using technology and/or automation
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to solve business problems with inter-connecting components
- Organisational skills and are comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- To be a self-starter who is keen to develop and learn.
What we'll offer
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge work with emerging technology in the LegTech/RegTech field.
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solves our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on + 61 7 3334 3115.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend