Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
In alignment with our firm vision we are in growth mode and technology is not just an integral part of our firm but at the forefront our firm's vision. Our IT department provide services nationally that underpin the practical application of our firm's innovation trajectory and vision.
We are looking for an IT trainer to join our team. As an IT trainer you will play a key role in encouraging the business in their self-learning of technology by providing a varied, blended approach focusing on e-learning and webinars. This role will have a particular focus on creating e-learning videos so applicants must be comfortable creating online learning videos and navigating video editing software.
The successful candidate will drive innovation, creativity, confidence and enthusiasm in this area.
- Assist a senior trainer with induction and application training on our systems to new and existing clients;
- Create digital content and drive e-learning initiatives;
- Assist with IT projects from a user experience point of view and delivering new products to the business;
- Maintain Learning Management System (LMS) records on all training participants;
- Research, prepare and regularly update knowledge articles, training modules for self-service capability;
- Identify and deliver training session to Partners and staff including weekly education sessions and any other Practice Group IT training needs;
- Assist partners and staff with any problems and queries regarding the use of IT hardware, software and other equipment (eg IPhones)
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Fantastic or Exceptional presentation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Minimum 3-5 years training or education experience suitable for a corporate training environment;
- Experience creating online learning videos and navigating video editing software.
- Relevant industry standards in training and assessment including Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; and
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be professionals of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant or call Christa on +61 7 3334 3115 for a confidential conversation.