Allens is a leading international law firm with partners, lawyers and corporate services staff across Asia and Australia, and a global network spanning 40 offices and 29 countries.
Working with many of the world's best organisations, Allens lawyers combine technical excellence with commercial insight, taking the most complex questions and providing the clearest answers. Our services cover all commercial issues, from acquisition finance to workplace relations.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including Applied Legal Technology, Business Operations, Information Technology, Finance, Knowledge Services, Marketing & Client Services and People & Development.
Our Corporate Catering team prepare a variety of innovative, on-trend food items to enhance the experience of our clients. Prepared in our very own on-site kitchen, our team, led by an experienced and creative Head Chef, can accommodate a number of clients events, from a formal breakfast, lunch and dinner to canapés for cocktail events and corporate seminars.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent, full-time Boardroom Waiter to join our busy Catering team in Melbourne. The successful candidate must have availability 5 days per week (Monday – Friday).
The Boardroom Waiter is responsible for supporting the Catering team by:
- Providing a professional high end corporate wait service for all boardroom bookings and events;
- Providing exceptional customer service for our clients;
- Ensure all boardrooms are professionally presented, clean and replenished for client arrival time, and promptly cleared and refreshed at the conclusion of an event or meeting;
- Maintaining a clean and orderly workspace including regular cleaning of coffee machines, stocking dishes and ensuring service items are undamaged and suitable for service;
- Monitoring stock levels of all consumables and service items in the kitchen and boardrooms;
- Training agency staff when required; and
- Assisting the team by performing basic administration tasks.
What you will bring
The successful candidate will have experience delivering exceptional customer service in a busy and professional hospitality environments. Previous experience in high-end restaurants, hotels and/or Corporate catering teams is essential. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Excellent presentation and strong communication skills;
- The ability to be able to work effectively as part of a team;
- Initiative and the ability to prioritise and multitask;
- The ability to work well under pressure;
- A current Responsible Service of Alcohol certification; and
- Previous barista experience and knowledge of local and international food and wine varieties is highly desired.
What we'll offer
If you have the ambition, talent and desire to progress through our firm, you can – as soon as you're ready.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your application via our on-line careers site addressed to Courtney Reynolds, Resourcing Consultant or call Courtney on +61 2 9230 4618 for a confidential discussion. Please note agency applications will not be considered at this time.