Legal Project Manager (Sydney)
Job no: 494264
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our Knowledge and Practice Services team works with our lawyers to equip them with the tools and resources they need so that they can work more efficiently and effectively to provide the right advice to their clients on time and on budget.
We are currently seeking a Legal Project Manager (LPM) to join the Knowledge and Practice Services team on a permanent basis. Full-time and part-time applications will be considered but full-time applicants are preferred.
The Legal Project Manager will work as part of our Legal Project Management team, which is responsible for implementing the firm's LPM initiatives. The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Assisting with the roll out of an LPM training program to all levels of the firm, and to some clients, including preparing and delivering content
- Project managing matters, where appropriate, or providing specialist advice to lawyers across all legal project management phases
- Consulting with legal teams and practice groups to identify LPM improvements and helping embed the improvements in practice
- Implementing technology solutions to support LPM
- Supporting Allens' practice groups to develop and roll out LPM and pricing initiatives
What you'll bring
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in legal project management and process improvement. Strong knowledge of legal processes, gained from either practising as a lawyer or providing high-level corporate services in a mid or top-tier firm, is essential.
You will have excellent written, verbal and communication skills and be able to work as part of a team and with people at all levels.
Exceptional time management skills and the ability to deliver under pressure and work to tight deadlines will be important in this role. You will also be able to accept direction and understand accountabilities and responsibilities for quality work. You will be expected to contribute to the national LPM group on strategic national projects.
A law degree or equivalent experience in legal project management is desired.
What we'll offer
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solve our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress.
- At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences—for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on + 61 7 3334 3115.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend