Associate, Energy and Resources (Brisbane)
Job no: 494271
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
The energy and resources industry is changing rapidly. At Allens, we are regularly sought out by major resources clients to assist them with large-scale projects and complex commercial transactions across the oil and gas, energy and mining sectors. Resources is in our DNA, our expertise is based on a long history of working on a wide range of resources projects and transactions in Australia and internationally.
We work with our clients in this sector across the entire spectrum of issues that arise, including: acquisitions, disposals and restructures; joint ventures; the full cycle of approvals for development of mineral and petroleum projects; advising on project operational and regulatory matters; land access and native title; agreements for supply of use of crucial infrastructure such as rail, port and water; gas and commodity sale agreements.
We are seeking an Associate with 3 years plus experience to join our Brisbane Corporate team, with specific experience and interest in the energy and resources sector. You will be working with leading energy and resources specialists who are focussed on your career, and have the opportunity to work with an exciting portfolio of clients.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience working in, the energy and resources sector at a leading Australian practice or international firm;
- An ability to effectively manage small to medium size matters and play a key role as part of a team working on larger matters;
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships with them;
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks including across all our offices, as we work as an integrated team across jurisdictions; and
- An enthusiastic interest in the sector, a willingness to learn and a growth mindset.
What we'll offer
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solve our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress.
- At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences—for our people, clients and communities.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on + 61 7 3334 3115.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend