Commercial Analyst (Sydney)
Job no: 494275
Work type: Permanent - Full time, Permanent - Part time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
The position of Commercial Analyst will work as a member of the Commercial Management team to assist the firm in meeting its strategic objectives.
The position will contribute to the overall firm and individual practice group/stream strategies and will play a key supporting role in developing and maintaining business relationships, commercial analysis, performance reporting, stakeholder relationship management and process improvement initiatives.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- An undergraduate qualification such as Commerce/Business or similar related field, and preferably studying towards - or recently completed - CPA or CA qualifications.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel and financial modelling skills.
- Experience using a BI platform would be advantageous and highly regarded.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills and experience in similar analytical role would be preferable.
- Strategic thinker with results driven attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder environment and build relationships
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a high performing team.
What we'll offer
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solve our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress.
- At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences—for our people, clients and communities.
- Flexibility for the role to be full time or part time (0.8)
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Rachael Duggan, National Resourcing Manager or contact Rachael for a confidential discussion on +61 2 9230 4618
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend