Analyst, Applied Legal Technology (Melbourne)
Job no: 494276
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We know there is a lot of talk in the market about innovation and how firms are responding to disruption. We don't innovate for innovation's sake – we are committed to ensuring that we are delivering real, tangible results for our clients.
Allens has worked extensively to transform the way law is practiced. We've recently been ranked in top 100 Most Innovative Companies Australian Financial Review, 2018 and won the Project Innovation category Property Council Australia, 2018 for our Real Estate Due Diligence (REDDA) App.
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Applied Legal Technology Department (ALT), in our Melbourne office.
The Analyst role is responsible for assisting the Projects Analysts, Senior Consultants and Site Manager in the delivery of cost effective and efficient ALT services which include matter related database, electronic discovery, virtual data room, data processing, document management and paralegal solutions that enable legal teams to provide quality commercial matter results.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Create, maintain and administer electronic and hardcopy document management workflows and Ringtail databases using agreed products and tools to deliver cost effective and risk averse legal technology solutions.
- Provide technical administration and support to ensure database integrity is maintained and security is controlled. A hands on approach to work is expected.
- Use project management techniques to scope, plan, cost and schedule eDiscovery and other legal technology work requests.
What you'll bring
Applicants will have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels and as part of a team. You will have a solid understanding of database technologies particularly in a legal environment for litigation and due diligence and robust technical skills.
Exceptional time management skills and the ability to deliver under pressure and work to tight deadlines will be important in this role. You will also be able to accept direction and understand accountabilities and responsibilities for quality work. You will be a strong team player and will be expected to contribute to the national ALT group.
A degree or equivalent experience in legal information management, computing science, paralegal studies or law relevant to the role is desired. A strong background in project management, information management, information technology and/or law is essential.
What we'll offer
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solve our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress.
- At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on + 61 7 3334 3115.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend