Document Review Team Leader, Applied Legal Technology (Melbourne)
Job no: 494277
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers, Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We know there is a lot of talk in the market about innovation and how firms are responding to disruption. We don't innovate for innovation's sake – we are committed to ensuring that we are delivering real, tangible results for our clients.
Allens Arrow applies an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach that delivers bespoke technology and review solutions for matters that involve the collection, management and review of data. We work with clients across a range of matters from front-end transactional work and due diligence, right through to litigation and investigations.
Our Arrow offering drives significant efficiencies and cost-savings while providing forensic benefits that assist clients to identify the key facts faster. Our technology, artificial intelligence and review experts work closely with our lawyers, leveraging cutting edge technology and low-cost resourcing options.
We are looking for a full-time Document Review Team Leader to join our team in the Melbourne office.
The Document Team Leader reports to the Document Review Team (DRT) Manager and is supervised by a Project Manager on a day-to-day basis. The Team Leader assists the Project Manager in managing reviews and review teams, and performs document review and quality assurance tasks for eDiscovery, lease or contract reviews, and document automation. The Team Leader provides the daily status updates and is the key liaison between the review and legal teams.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage and supervise contract lawyers for DRT matter work by giving instructions to document reviewers, responding to queries, and undertaking quality checks and quality assurance of work completed.
- Project manage the document review process for matters by managing any issues that arise, monitoring progress of the review, providing regular status updates to the Project Manager and lawyers, ensuring the document review process is completed on time and within the agreed budget, and escalating queries and implementing solutions where appropriate.
- Collaborate with the broader Applied Legal Technology team and Allens lawyers to deliver quality, cost effective results on matters and national projects.
- Assist with the recruitment of contract lawyers for the DRT as needed on matters and ensure that candidates are a skills and cultural fit in the Allens high performance culture.
- Share knowledge openly and effectively with other DRT and ALT team members locally and nationally to contribute to our overall commercial, legal, technical and project management market knowledge.
- Assist in providing coverage for the DRT Manager when required.
What you'll bring
- To be successful in this role you will be legally qualified, with previous experience practising as a lawyer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Experience leading team of lawyers or paralegals on large document reviews.
- Experience working on litigation matters involving eDiscovery is desired.
- Legal technology experience, especially in litigation eDiscovery or corporate due diligence is highly desirable.
- Qualifications, or equivalent experience, in legal information management, information technology or computing science is highly desirable.
What we'll offer
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically than our competitors. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solve our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress.
- At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on + 61 7 3334 3115.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend