Associate / Senior Associate, Superannuation & Financial Services (Sydney)
Job no: 494285
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Allens has one of the leading superannuation practices in Australia. We have extensive experience in all aspects of superannuation law, and act for the employer-sponsors or trustees of many of Australia's largest funds.
We specialise in advising both employer-sponsors and superannuation fund trustees on a wide range of issues, including fund establishment, mergers, outsourcing, claims by members and beneficiaries, and trust deed amendments and interpretation.
An opportunity now exists for an Associate or Senior Associate focused on superannuation product and regulatory work to join us in Sydney. Working in a close-knit team, the position involves acting for some of Australia's leading industry and corporate superannuation funds and provides access to a broad range of superannuation and other financial services regulatory work.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Advising a broad range of superannuation clients on product design, member communications, member claims and regulatory compliance matters.
- Providing advice to other financial services providers regarding licensing, compliance and regulatory issues.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience working in a strong superannuation and financial services regulatory team, ideally from a leading top tier, national or international firm.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
If you have the ambition, talent and desire to progress through our firm, you can – as soon as you're ready.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please send your application addressed to our Resourcing Manager. This role is open to candidates requiring sponsorship.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend