Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 40 offices in 28 countries.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including Practice Assistants, People & Development, Finance, Applied Legal Technology, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge Services and Marketing & Client Services.
We are looking for an experienced Practice Assistant / Legal Secretary to join our Disputes & Investigations team in Melbourne. You will have a strong work ethic, and take pride in your work and have a solution focused and 'can do' approach. You will have strong team work skills and be able to work autonomously.
As a Practice Assistant you will be working alongside top calibre legal operatives, from graduates to partners. We are in it together, we are passionate about what we do, we are inclusive, supportive and ambitious and are driven by excellence.
You will hit the ground running with previous secretarial or practice assistant experience and will be rewarded with a close knit team and a rewarding career. You will be ambitious, resilient and passionate about a career at our firm.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Provision of practice management services to a portfolio of internal clients, including a partner and a team of lawyers;
- Diary, travel and expense management;
- Billing and client reporting;
- Management of meetings and telephone conference calls in an effective and professional manner;
- Preparing and amending legal correspondence and court documentation;
- Performing other administrative tasks as required.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a legal secretarial role;
- Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email;
- A commitment to excellence in client service, along with strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and the ability to build rapport with busy clients, partners and lawyers;
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the flexibility to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines;
- The ability to work well within a team environment;
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be professionals of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients – we believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
Are you ready to begin?
Please submit your application via our on-line careers site addressed to Courtney Reynolds, Resourcing Consultant or call Courtney on +61 2 9230 4618 for a confidential discussion.