Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 40 offices in 29 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Events and Networks Coordinator to join our high performing Marketing and Client Services department on a 12 month parental leave contract. The role is part time and can be 3 or 4 days a week.
Based in Perth, this is a fantastic opportunity to be directly involved in the delivery of highly regarded client events and programs, and to support marketing and communication deliverables, alongside a supportive, high-performing and cohesive team.
Our National Events Team conduct more than 600 internal and external events and seminars annually. Working closely with the Senior events and marketing executive based in Perth, you will work within this team to support delivery of many facets of the program, including seminars, thought leadership series, client relationship management, corporate hospitality, sponsorship and internal practice development events.
You will also gain experience and work with the broader Marketing and Client Services Department, as this role will have some crossover with other teams. In particular, you will work closely with our Marketing, Corporate Communications (which includes PR and Social Media, Internal Communications and Publications) and Digital & Design teams, providing support as required by the Managers.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supporting the Events team with all Perth events along with national projects and running some events autonomously.
- Proficiently executing all aspects of event coordination from the initial inception and scoping, through to delivery.
- Performing the administrative and database aspects related to events.
- Budget management and liaising with external suppliers and venues.
- Providing a high-level of on-site support during events.
- Marketing coordination, including supporting the development of marketing collateral, use of Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) and web systems, online delivery of content, and other client experience initiatives.
Due to the nature of our events, work outside of standard office hours may be required.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience in delivering end-to-end high profile client events in a corporate setting.
- Knowledge of the legal industry and / or professional services / B2B environments is desirable.
- Corporate events experience supporting a team and running some events autonomously is essential.
- Exceptional client management skills and positive client service approach.
- Demonstrated communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Professional composure and excellent personal presentation.
- Hands-on approach and a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility, with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within and across teams and offices.
- Superior work ethic and strong time management skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in event management, business or marketing is highly desired.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please send your application addressed to our Resourcing Manager, Lisa Millar, or call Lisa on +61 2 9230 5075 for more information.