Senior Software Development Engineer, Information Technology (Sydney)
Job no: 494311
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our Integration & Development team, which is a part of our national Information Technology (IT) team.
This position has a trusted advisor role in evaluating, advising and implementing integration technologies that align with the firm's business objectives. The role is key to implementing and improving current Agile methodologies for more efficient product development, as well as mentoring and assisting other developers in the firm.
- To plan, design and implement production ready software solutions as required by the firm;
- Scoping and overseeing the technical aspects of large scale projects;
- Collaborating with the business to analyse requirements and propose solutions;
- Developing professional working relationships with internal colleagues and external providers;
- Providing technical mentoring to the team; and
- To ensure the cost effective and professional delivery of legal technology services to the firm.
What you'll bring
- Exceptional time management and project management skills with the ability to efficiently manage multiple priorities and work under pressure;
- Ability to work diligently with attention to detail and minimal supervision;
- The ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders (internal and external);
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Full Stack Software Development skills (including development, deployment & infrastructure);
- Demonstrated experience in .NET.Core is essential along with experience in Angular and CSS;
- Working knowledge of API development and testing frameworks; and
- Minimum of five years of relevant Software Engineering experience and relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent industry is desired.
What we'll offer
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solve our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress.
At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on + 61 7 3334 3115.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend