Business Development Adviser (Sydney or Melbourne)
Job no: 494312
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Adviser to join our Business Development team in our Melbourne or Sydney office. Working closely with the Business Development Managers, the role develops and executes business development and marketing initiatives for our Litigation and Competition practice groups.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assisting with developing and executing industry-focused thought leadership and marketing campaigns;
- Project managing tenders for priority clients;
- Helping client teams with relationship development tactics and contributing to client care initiatives; and
- Project managing long-term pursuits for priority clients including researching identified opportunities and summarising key findings.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Legal or professional services experience is desirable in a Business Development Coordinator / Business Development Adviser capacity;
- Experience in executing proposals;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively within and across teams and offices; and
- Knowledge of Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Competition practice groups will be highly regarded.
What we'll offer
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solve our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress.
At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on + 61 7 3334 3115.
We will accept applications from overseas qualified Business Development professionals.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend