Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
This is a time of unprecedented change. At Allens, we’re ready. With a legacy that spans 200 years, we’ve pioneered significant change. It’s a part of who we are.
Our people go further to support our clients, using sharp commercial insight and creativity to enrich long‑standing relationships and build new ones. We go further for each other and our community. We’re people you want to work with: we're generous with our time and ready to help. No matter what the future holds, we’re in it together.
With us, you’ll be one step ahead. Great change is here. Are you ready?
Our strategic partnership
Our alliance with Linklaters gives our people enormous opportunities to accelerate their careers. Join us and you’ll be part of a global network. For our clients, the alliance means access to strong teams in 40 offices across 28 countries. Our global teams act as one, sharing their knowledge, best-practice approaches and talents to help solve our clients’ most complex problems, seamlessly. While both Allens and Linklaters excel in their markets, we are stronger together. Having international counterparts allows us to experience new things, develop new thinking and constantly evolve.
Our clerkship program
For a head start in your career, apply for a clerkship in our Melbourne office. You’ll work with some of the most experienced lawyers in Australia and encounter first-hand the type of work you could do as a lawyer at Allens. You’ll get to be part of a team, assisting with real matters. Your development supervisors and buddy will be there to support you, help you make the most of your clerkship, get to know our people, and thrive.
We believe that we stand out as an employer because of our high-quality technical training and excellent learning environment. We’ll work with you to develop your understanding of commercial law and build your skills, providing the foundation you need to become a successful lawyer. You’ll be involved in some of the market's most complex domestic and global transactions.
We offer three and a half week clerkship programs, in one of three clerkship periods over summer and winter, to coincide with university holidays. You will work in one practice group, which will give you insights into what we do and the clients we work for.
Our clerkship program is a stepping stone to bigger things – most clerks go on to become graduates with us. Here is a quick rundown of what you can look forward to:
- a personalised induction program that introduces you to our people and the work we do;
- on-the-job training with support from a partner and a junior lawyer, who will act as your development supervisor and buddy;
- learning opportunities across practice areas and partners, as we don't work in silos;
- the chance to work on real matters with many of Australia's and the world's top 100 companies;
- the opportunity to get involved in community and pro bono work, and learn about our committees and interest groups;
- the chance to learn about working within our alliance with Linklaters and about secondment opportunities;
- seminars that will build a strong foundation of skills to help you become an excellent lawyer and thrive in our ever‑changing world;
- sports and social events, where you will really get to know us; and
- the opportunity to network with some of the best in the profession.
Applications are open to students who are in their penultimate or final year of their law degree. Applications will close at 11:55pm (AEST) on Sunday, 11 August 2019. Please address your application to Manreet Singh, Graduate Resourcing Senior Consultant. For further information, visit our website or email Student.Careers@allens.com.au.