Human Resources Administrator (Melbourne or Sydney), Flexible working options
Job no: 494333
Work type: Permanent - Full time, Permanent - Part time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our HR Operations team. The 'Ops' team works collaboratively with our HR Business Partners, Talent & Engagement and Resourcing teams to deliver an exceptional employee experience to our people.
Your role in the Ops team will be varied and no two days will be the same. However, most of your time will be spent creating HR reports (in excel) and administering all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
Flexibility is part of our culture at Allens. We want to understand what arrangements work best for you. This role can accommodate full-time and/or flexible working arrangements including different start/end times, part-time (4 days a week or reduced hours over 5 days) or remote working one or two days per week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide reporting on staff movements and other ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required by the business;
- Administer all stages of the employment life cycle (including commencement, induction, staff movements, departures etc.);
- Update information in the Human Resources Information System;
- Recruitment coordination, including interview bookings;
- Provide administrative support to HR projects; and
- Answer employee queries and respond to requests for information from the HR team.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Intermediate excel skills including experience with VLOOKUP, pivot tables, IF statements and conditional formatting. (Advanced excel skills such as experience with VBA would be highly regarded.)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and multi-task;
- Previous experience in an administration role where you followed established procedures (HR experience is not required);
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times;
- Can do attitude with an enthusiasm to learn new things; and
- Strong written communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
What we'll offer
- With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Lisa Millar, Resourcing Manager or contact Lisa for a confidential discussion on + 61 2 9230 5075.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend