Senior Associate, Corporate/M&A (Brisbane)
Job no: 494335
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our M&A and Capital Markets team has advised on many of Australia's largest M&A transactions in recent years, demonstrating our team's strength as one of the leading corporate practices in Australia. We are pleased to have played a crucial role in the largest and most complex deals in Australia's corporate history. With emphasis on quality, innovation and timeliness, we deliver highly successful outcomes in mergers and acquisitions for leading companies and financial sponsors in Australia and around the world.
Our growing Brisbane practice is looking for a Senior Associate to join the team. Primarily working with partners Chelsey Drake, Franki Ganter and John Hedge, you will be involved in public company takeovers, significant private M&A transactions, capital raisings and project work. The Brisbane M&A and Capital Markets team advises clients across a range of sectors including energy & resources, agribusiness, travel and infrastructure.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience from a Corporate / M&A practice at a leading Australian practice or international firm;
- Experience in both private and public M&A transactions;
- Experience in providing governance advice, including advice on Corporations Act and Listing Rule requirements;
- An ability to effectively manage and execute smaller transactions and be an active team member on the larger matters;
- A willingness to build an understanding of our clients' business and develop effective working relationships;
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal and external networks; and
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please apply via our online portal, addressing your application to Christa Howat, Senior Resourcing Consultant, or call Christa on + 61 7 3334 3115 for a confidential discussion.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend