Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
An opportunity is available for an Associate and a Senior Associate with experience in mining, oil & gas and/or energy to join our busy Projects group in our Perth office, working with our team nationally, and internationally.
The Projects and Development team provides comprehensive whole-of-life advice on natural resources, energy and infrastructure projects. The team is involved in a range of matters and transactions in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors, including advising on project structuring, greenfield developments, , acquisitions and disposals, commodity sale and purchase agreements, tenure and access rights and mine closure, decommissioning and rehabilitation. The team's work also involves securing major project approvals and the full suite of project development and advisory work.. The team acts for many of the largest and most active Australian and multinational resources companies, gas and electricity industry participants and government organisations.
We were recently ranked Band 1 in Energy and Natural Resources in Australia 2019 and won the Energy & Resources deal of the year in the 2019 Australasian Law Awards.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a broad range of work, including mining, oil & gas, projects, procurement in the energy and infrastructure sector, ideally at a well-regarded top tier firm, international firm or boutique firm;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and analytical ability;
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters;
- A willingness to integrate into the national practice with flexibility and confidence to work across multiple jurisdictions;
- A willingness to drive your own career and by doing so build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships;
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks; and
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be the lawyers of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a lawyer. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people, including rotations in Linklaters London, Hong Kong and Singapore for our graduate lawyers.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
Please apply via our online portal and address your application to our Resourcing Manager Lily Petrova. For more information please call Lily on +61 3 9613 8743