Review Services Team Leader, Integrated Legal Solutions (Sydney), 12 month contract
Job no: 494342
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers, Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our Integrated Legal Solutions (ILS) team is looking for a full-time Review Services Team Leader to join our Sydney team on a 12-month contract.
We know there is a lot of talk in the market about innovation and how firms are responding to disruption. We don't innovate for innovation's sake and we are committed to ensuring that we are delivering real, tangible results for our clients. That's why we have been named one of the AFR's most innovative companies.
The ILS team's purpose is to deliver market leading and cost-effective data management, analysis and review solutions in support of Allens’ disputes, investigations and transaction matters, as well as to clients directly.
The Review Services Team Leader reports to the Head of Review Services and is supervised by a Review Services Project Manager on a day-to-day basis. The Team Leader assists the Project Manager in managing reviews and review teams, and performs document review and quality assurance tasks for eDiscovery, lease or contract reviews, and document automation. The Team Leader provides the regular updates and is the key liaison between the review and legal teams.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing and supervising contract lawyers for Review Services matter work by giving instructions to reviewers, responding to queries, and undertaking quality checks and quality assurance of work completed;
- Project managing the document review process for matters by managing any issues that arise, monitoring progress of the review, providing regular status updates to the Review Services Project Manager and lawyers, ensuring the document review process is completed on time and within the agreed budget, and escalating queries and implementing solutions where appropriate;
- Collaborating with the broader Integrated Legal Solutions team and Allens lawyers to deliver quality, cost effective results on matters and national projects;
- Assisting with the identification of contract lawyers for Review Services matters as needed and ensuring that candidates are a skills and cultural fit in the Allens high performance culture;
- Sharing knowledge openly and effectively with other ILS team members locally and nationally to contribute to our overall commercial, legal, technical and project management market knowledge; and
- Assisting in providing coverage for the Project Manager when required.
What you'll bring
- To be successful in this role you will be legally qualified, with previous experience practising as a lawyer;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate teams;
- Experience leading teams of lawyers or paralegals on large document reviews;
- Experience working on litigation matters involving eDiscovery is desired;
- Legal technology experience, especially in litigation eDiscovery or corporate due diligence is highly desirable; and
- Qualifications, or equivalent experience, in legal information management, information technology or computing science is highly desirable.
What we'll offer
- With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Senior Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on + 61 7 3334 3115.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend